Hi guys, so I was nominated by the lovely Bethsbookishcorner for the Leibster award, though I know I don’t deserve it, that’s just how nice of a person Beth is! I encourage you all to go over and check out her blog! Anyways, I just wanted to thank her for nominating me! 😘
(Hopefully all the links work 😁 I’m sort of new to this..)
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a post.
- Answer 11 questions the blogger gives you in their post. Meaning if you are nominated, my questions…
- Nominate 11 blogs you think are deserving of this award and let them know you have nominated them.. In my case I only nominated four because I haven’t read too many blogs yet…
- Give them 11 questions of your own for them to answer.
Here are the questions that Beth has asked me:
- Hyped book or book series that you didn’t like? Hmmm… I loved The fault in our stars when I read it, and it was very hyped but now if I read it, I feel like I wouldn’t enjoy it half as much as I did, and why? I don’t know. I guess the only other one I could really say is The fifth wave, and though I did like it, it took me awhile to read and I didn’t look forward to reading it when I picked it up… But something just kept making me pick it up and finish it. I’m not sure that I’ll read The infinite sea though..
- Do you like listening to music whilst you read? Sometimes yes, but mostly I read in the quiet, or at least as close to quiet I can get at my house.. there’s always people talking or a tv on… So I definetly don’t find music a distraction.
- Favourite place to read? My favourite place to read? I guess I would say my bed or the couch… Sometimes I sit outside in the summer or fall but other than that I don’t think I really read anywhere else…
- Do you use your local library? Yes. I use my local library only every so often because as I’m sure most people relate, I like to have my own copy of the book and special editions as well. Though I do find many awesome books at my local library and should really start going there more.
- Are you a spine breaker or are you always careful? I guess you could say I’m both.. I mean, I don’t purposely try to break the spine but if it happens, it happens. I am still planning on reading the book so what’s the point in not reading it just to save the spine?
- Favourite book to movie adaption? I guess I would have to say The fault in our stars or divergent… I thought this movies weren’t missing much from the book, and the actors all did an amazing job developing the characters. Oh! I almost forgot Harry Potter! That book to movie adaption was amazing, and watching the films first may have a big part in that but I think many people agree with me on this!
- All time favourite book? I have asked Beth this question before and I am going to reply with the exact same answer as she did. Could you have asked a harder question? I can’t just choose one book/book series, so instead I’ll just name but a few. Harry Potter and Twilight are definetly some, as is the Throne of glass series. I can’t forget the Mortal instruments series, though I have only just finished the first book, I am certain that this series will be at the top of my list!
- Do you read/write any fanfiction about your favourite characters? I like to read some fanfiction on bookstagram but other than that I don’t really read or write it too much…
- Which book character do you think your most like? Hmmmm…. Again, what a hard question. I want to say that I’m like all of the badass characters that kill demons or cast spells to defeat a Gillian or some other downworlder, but sadly I’m not. Though I can’t exactly say that I don’t know how to use any weapons or fight.. I can use a bow and arrow, throw knives, punch and kick properly (but very forcefully 😁😂) and I occasionally practice charms… (If only I wasn’t a muggle) The truth is, I honestly don’t know what character I’m most like.
- Are you a fan of audio books? I wouldn’t know, I haven’t listened to any. Though when I get my licence, I may like them since I can pretty much read books in the car.
- What’s the most you’ve spent on books in one go? I’m not exactly sure but I think about $80 or maybe $60 but I definetly don’t regret it!
My questions for you:
- What’s an average range of time that it takes you to read a book?
- Do you like to write? If so, what about, what genre?
- Do you like to draw character from books and movies?
- Have you ever watched a play of a book that you’ve read?
- Have you ever enjoyed the movie more than the book?
- Do you have any bookish merchandise?
- What’s the lowest rating that you’ve given a book?
- Have you ever participated in a book club or book group?
- Have you ever went to a book signing?
- What kind of blogs do you read?
- Do you have a favourite book series? If so, what is it?
Thanks for reading 😘